…Charges them on transparency and efficiency
The Executive Chairman of Ijumu Local Government Council and Kogi State ALGON Chairman,Hon. Taufiq Isa has inaugrated Local Security Trust Fund Commitee members across Ijumu-Arin axis of the Local Government.
The Council Chairman who performed the inauguration in Iyamoye, Ekirin-Adde,Iffe-Ijumu,Ikoyi, Egbeda Egga and Iyara communities.
hunters commitee to curb criminality in
The Chief Security Officer, charged the local hunters to be efficient and transparent in order for them to curb criminality;warned criminals to abscorned Ijumu as the domain will be too hot for them to operate, henceforth.
Recalled that few weeks ago,The Executive Chairman launches Security Road Map, Presents Bye-Laws to the traditional rulers and the good people of the Local Government.
Some of the laws includes
- That each community through its traditional ruler is hereby directed to put in place Local hunters security apparatus to ensure lives and properties of our people are safe guarded.
- Each community should with immediate effect come up with a Security Trust Fund,where a dedicated account be opened for safekeeping of the funds for the purpose of attending to local security challenge,in order to compliment the government efforts.
- That the Local Government has put up a task force to ensure strict compliance and thereby sanction erring person,group of persons, community, traditional rulers,etc through mobile court.
- That funds generated should not be diverted for any other use other than local community security attention.
- Community security commitee are expected to submit periodic progress report (Every friday) directly to the office of the Executive Chairman.
- Due to the prevailing security challenge, operations of beer parlors and other liquor shops,hereby is regulated from 10am to 10pm.
- Effective from today,in tackling this menace, movement shall be restricted from 10pm daily.
Traditional rulers, Community leaders and various speakers at the communities, Commended the Executive Chairman for engaging in a difficult but achievable project, because it is all about the security of live and properties of our people. They assured the Local Government authority of their maximum cooperation and support.