KOGI STATE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
8th April 2021
KOGI STATE GOVERNMENT CONSTITUTES ECONOMIC ADVISORY COUNCIL (EAC)
As a bold move to stir a revolution in the economy of Nigeria’s most promising state in terms of natural and human resources, the Government of Kogi State has made an audacious move to set up an Economic and Advisory Council.
The rationale behind setting up the EAC is to provide evidence-driven decision making and rigorous evaluation of the economy. The Council will systematically take stock of the most recent trends in economic development, applied economic methods, poverty analytics, evaluation methods, and modelling, measuring, and evaluating development interventions.
An all-embracing purpose of the Economic Advisory Council will be to sharpen the Kogi State Government’s analytical methods and capacity in support of continuing development effectiveness.
The EAC will provide advice to KGSG on issues related to growth and development at the Local and State Government levels and this will include:
- New perspectives on economic development;
- Innovative approaches to economic growth;
- Innovations in Program and Project evaluation;
- Poverty and income Dynamics;
- Social and Infrastructural Development and the economics of gender; and
- Other innovations in the field of development economics, growth and evaluation.
Convening experts in an advisory role will serve to inform the KGSG on the success of its economic program development and measurement of results, shape future policy decisions and methodology, and enhance economic programs and economic growth.
The EAC will serve as a reference group for assessing and advising on methodological directions and innovations for the economic improvement of the state.
As a State, we are proud to unleash Kogites who have excelled nationally and globally on the current economic reality with the aim of bringing our finest brains together to move the State forward with the ultimate goal being the need to reduce poverty and underdevelopment in our dear state.
The EAC has 36 members as follows:
S/NO NAME POSITION ZONE
- Mr. Aliyu Inda Salami, Chairman
- H.E Amb Olusiji Godwin Aina, Alternate Chairman
- Chief Engr Joseph Makoju OON, OFR (FNSE) Member
- Chief Kola Jamodu CFR (FCA) Member
- Dr. Aheruvoh David Ohiku Member
- Dr. Emmanuel E. Onoja, Ph.D, FCA Member
- Chief Abdulrazaq Isa Kutepa , Member
8 Mr Segun Adaju ,Member
- Prof. S .I. Ocheni, Ph.D, FCNA, Member
- Mr. Ola Oyelola, Member
- Musa Itopa Jimoh, Member
- Mr. Isah Shaibu, Member
- Prof. Seidu O. Muhammed, Member
- Mr John Obaro, Member
- Mr. Lawal Itopa Lamidi, FCA , Member
- Dr. Isah Abdullahi, Member
- Prof. Sule Jafaru, Ph.D Member
- Dr Audu Dangana, Ph.D Member
- Prof . John O. Alabi, Ph.D Member
- HE Amb. Shola Rafiu Enikanolaye, Member
- Mr. Tunde Ayeni Member
- Prof. Suleiman A. S. Aruwa, Ph.D, Member
- Engr. Ismail Akaba Member
- Mr. Thomas Etu Member
- Alh. Abubakar Sanusi Gamji , Member
- Ebi Atawodi Member
- Dr. Ronke Bello PhD. Member
- Mr. Tony Okpanachi, MD DBN , Member
- Mr. Korede Adedayo Member
- Hajia Dr. Halima Alfa Member
- Mr Gimba N. Baba Member
32 Dr. Suleiman Adejoh Member
- Dr. Michael Abuh, Ph.D Member
34 Hajia Ladi Ibrahim FNA Member
- Prof. Joshua Okpanachi, Ph.D, Secretary
- Mr. Abdullateef A. Bello , Recorder MFB & EP
Ministry of Information and Communications