New COVID-19 Guidelines for Kwara State
By Emmanuel Kehinde, Ilorin
Appropriate use of face mask in public places is mandatory
Concerts/carnivals/Clubbing are not allowed until further notice
· Worship centres are not to allow congregations exceeding 50% of the maximum capacity of the venue. This is to allow for physical distancing
· Other gatherings (formal and informal) exceeding 50 people are disallowed
· Again, proper use of face mask in public space is mandatory. Therefore, the protocol of ‘No face mask, no entry’ must apply at all public places.
· Civil servants are to work from their homes. The only exemptions are essential workers, especially in the health sector. Virtual meetings are encouraged
There shall be partial statewide lockdown between 12 am and 430a.m. until further notice.
· Transporters are to enforce all COVID-19 protocols, including proper use of face mask by drivers and passengers. Appropriate sanctions will apply to defaulters.
Security agencies will deploy all lawful means to enforce these protocols
Defaulters are deemed to constitute dangers to public health. Provisions of the Kwara State Infectious Diseases Regulations 2020 shall apply to all offenders.
There will be further communications on school resumption.
These new guidelines take effect from Thursday December 24, 2020.
These new guidelines are subject to reviews as situations dictate.