The people of Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi have pledged their unflinching support to the realization of the newly Established Mangal Cement Factory at Oluagba.
This is contained in a communique issued at the end of the Annual General Conference of Ijumu Development Union, the Socio-cultural body of the Local Government held at Iyara and signed by the National Secretary, Ahmed-Ade Fatai.
The Group described the Factory as a welcome development and a step in the right direction and prayed for more development in Ijumu Kingdom.
Read Full Communique below:
- There was a general commendations to the president and his executives towards the success and the way they are piloting the affairs of the socio-cultural Union (Ijumu Development Union).
- The unity hall that have started since 1976 was discussed on its completion that is long over due. That the hall is not well befitting to the Ijumu kingdom when compared to her comity of communities within the state.
- That the capacity of the hall needs expansion, hence the need for further launching that will attract well meaning personalities both within and outside of Ijumu kingdom which should be organised as soon as possible.
- Grading and upgrading of the traditional stool by the state government was commended, but expression of displeasure on the age long communities yet to be graded and ungraded was shown. An appeal was made to the executive Governor of Kogi state to look into the affected communities.
- The security architecture with the support of the local vigilantes and hunters group are yielding positive results as there have been total reduction in the rate of criminalities in the local government. The meeting commended the effort of the executive Chairman of the Ijumu Local government, the Ijumu security trust fund headed by the National President of IDU, Hon Teejay Yusuf, the federal representative of Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu constituency for donating a Sienna Bus with two motorcycles to the security trust fund to curb the crime and criminality in Ijumu land.
- The recent ground breaking ceremony of Mangal cement at Iluagba is a welcome development and heart warming to the good people of Ijumu kingdom. And the need to support the realisation of the project can not be overemphasized.
- There was a wake-up call on the general negligence from the sons and daughters of Ijumu, especially the elites and politicians towards the attendance and commitments towards the unity of purpose and the development of Ijumu kingdom.
- The online posting of contributors for transparency will continue until the realisation of the goal of the launching is achieved.