Democracy Newsline NewspaperDemocracy Newsline Newspaper
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    Show More
    Top News
    In Rivers, Asíwájú Tinubu harps on unity, non-violence
    4 years ago
    Kogi Guber: Olayinka Braimoh Popularity Soars Ahead of other candidates  
    3 years ago
    Labour Party Dismisses Report of Arrest of National Chairman
    3 years ago
    Latest News
    NDC backs ‘Mama Amanda’s’ 2027 FCT Senate bid, says Abuja deserves better representation
    2 weeks ago
    THE THRONE MUST NEVER BECOME A POLITICAL PLATFORM
    2 months ago
    APC Stakeholders Raise Alarm Over Alleged Compromise of Party Structures, Call on Chief Fagbemi to Act with Neutrality
    3 months ago
    Hon. Tahir Suleiman Abdulwahab Obtains Nomination Forms, Seeks Support Ahead of ADC Primaries
    3 months ago
  • Technology
    TechnologyShow More
    Key Takeaways from the Kogi Dialogue Marking Governor Ododo’s First Year in Office
    2 years ago
    Bala Wunti in the News Again
    2 years ago
    Dangote Refinery Slashes Ex-Depot Petrol Price to N890 Per Litre
    2 years ago
    Ajaokuta LNG Plants Will Position Kogi as a Key Player in Nigeria’s Energy Sector – Governor Ododo
    2 years ago
    Ughievwen Monarch Commends Tinubu for Approval of New 10,000 bpd Refinery in Imode
    2 years ago
  • Community Reports
  • Education
  • News
  • Security
  • Economics
  • International
  • Opinion
  • Aviation
Reading: Abductors Demand N50m for the Release of Kidnapped Kabba Varsity Students in Kogi
Share
Notification Show More
Latest News
Kabba/Bunu Local Government Legislative Council Leader Impeachment Rumour: A Joke Taken Too Far and a Threat to Freedom of Association
News
OLAMABORO AREA TRADITIONAL COUNCIL WELCOMES POWER ROTATION AS EJEH COMMENDS INITIATIVE, SUES FOR PEACE
News
Democracy Newsline Newspaper to Honour Gov. Ahmed Usman Ododo as “Best Performing State Governor on Security in Nigeria” on August 19
News Security
Tinubu Rebuilding Nigeria’s Democracy, Restoring Hope in the Electoral Process.
News
Kogi Deputy Gov Meets Security Heads, Stakeholders, Over Insecurity Along Itobe-Anyigba Road
News
Aa
Democracy Newsline NewspaperDemocracy Newsline Newspaper
Aa
  • Economics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Community Reports
  • Education
  • News
  • Security
  • Economics
  • International
  • Opinion
  • Aviation
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2023 Democracy Newsline All Rights Reserved.
Democracy Newsline Newspaper > News > News > Abductors Demand N50m for the Release of Kidnapped Kabba Varsity Students in Kogi
News

Abductors Demand N50m for the Release of Kidnapped Kabba Varsity Students in Kogi

Democracy Newsline
Last updated: 2024/08/09 at 12:37 PM
Democracy Newsline 2 years ago
Share
SHARE

Abductors Demand 50m Ransom  for the Release of Kidnapped Kabba Varsity Students in Kogi

By Muhammad Amuda – Lokoja

The abductors of two students of Kogi State University, Kabba (KSUK) has reduced their demand from N50 to 10 million ransom for the release of the two students.

However, the students were kidnapped last week Friday, August 2, 2024; at the same spot and same day the Caretaker Chairmen of Kabba/Bunu Council area, Dare Micheal and his three aides were abducted.

- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

While the CTC chairman, Dare was released due to ill health that didn’t allowed him to trek quickly with the abductors, the other three aides and the two students are still with the abductors.

The kidnappers had on Monday requested for N100 million as ransom for the chairman’s aides, and now demanded for N50 million for their release.

A parent of one of the students, Mr. Shadrach Idowu Babalola said his son, Isaac Babalola, a student of the Public administration department has been with the kidnappers for a week now.

He said the kidnappers have been adamant about their demands, “Anytime they (kidnappers) called and ask for N50 million and we tell them we don’t have such amount, they tell us we are not serious about the lives of our wards.

“The last time they called and we told them what we can afford, they told us point blank to take the money and buy Maggi to make soup for ourselves.”

While the parent of Joel Emmanuel Bamiyo also a student of the public administration department in Kogi State University, Kabba said the abductors has reduced their demand from 50m to 5m each for the two students making 10million naira before they will be released.

Both parents urged the state government to intervene in the situation and help secured the release of their children, stressing that they have been living in apprehension since the ugly incident.

Meanwhile, the Kogi Police Command said they are not aware that students of the institution were amongst those abducted.

The Kogi State Police Public Relations Officer, SP William Aya, when contacted wonders why the parent of the students were yet to make a formal report to the security operatives.

Also, the institution has refused to make a formal statement about the abduction of their students.

The Institution Public Relation Officer, Mr. Tade Oshaloto when contacted declined to comment on the issue.
End.

You Might Also Like

Kabba/Bunu Local Government Legislative Council Leader Impeachment Rumour: A Joke Taken Too Far and a Threat to Freedom of Association

OLAMABORO AREA TRADITIONAL COUNCIL WELCOMES POWER ROTATION AS EJEH COMMENDS INITIATIVE, SUES FOR PEACE

Democracy Newsline Newspaper to Honour Gov. Ahmed Usman Ododo as “Best Performing State Governor on Security in Nigeria” on August 19

Tinubu Rebuilding Nigeria’s Democracy, Restoring Hope in the Electoral Process.

Kogi Deputy Gov Meets Security Heads, Stakeholders, Over Insecurity Along Itobe-Anyigba Road

Democracy Newsline August 9, 2024
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Email
Previous Article GROUP ROOTS FOR REMOVAL OF UGOCHINYERE AS CHAIRMAN, HOUSE COMMITTEE ON PETROLEUM
Next Article Group Commends the Youths and People of Kogi for the Trust In Gov Ododo’s Leadership
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

Democracy Newsline Newspaper is a Nigerian news and current affairs publication committed to keeping readers informed with relevant, timely, and credible information on events and issues that matter to society.

  • Home
  • About Us
  • News
  • Correction Policy
  • Editorial Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Recent Posts

  • Kabba/Bunu Local Government Legislative Council Leader Impeachment Rumour: A Joke Taken Too Far and a Threat to Freedom of Association
  • OLAMABORO AREA TRADITIONAL COUNCIL WELCOMES POWER ROTATION AS EJEH COMMENDS INITIATIVE, SUES FOR PEACE

© Democracy Newsline Newspaper. Published by Macbihem Venture Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Removed from reading list

Undo
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?