Democracy Newsline NewspaperDemocracy Newsline Newspaper
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    Show More
    Top News
    In Rivers, Asíwájú Tinubu harps on unity, non-violence
    4 years ago
    Kogi Guber: Olayinka Braimoh Popularity Soars Ahead of other candidates  
    3 years ago
    Labour Party Dismisses Report of Arrest of National Chairman
    3 years ago
    Latest News
    NDC backs ‘Mama Amanda’s’ 2027 FCT Senate bid, says Abuja deserves better representation
    2 weeks ago
    THE THRONE MUST NEVER BECOME A POLITICAL PLATFORM
    2 months ago
    APC Stakeholders Raise Alarm Over Alleged Compromise of Party Structures, Call on Chief Fagbemi to Act with Neutrality
    3 months ago
    Hon. Tahir Suleiman Abdulwahab Obtains Nomination Forms, Seeks Support Ahead of ADC Primaries
    3 months ago
  • Technology
    TechnologyShow More
    Key Takeaways from the Kogi Dialogue Marking Governor Ododo’s First Year in Office
    2 years ago
    Bala Wunti in the News Again
    2 years ago
    Dangote Refinery Slashes Ex-Depot Petrol Price to N890 Per Litre
    2 years ago
    Ajaokuta LNG Plants Will Position Kogi as a Key Player in Nigeria’s Energy Sector – Governor Ododo
    2 years ago
    Ughievwen Monarch Commends Tinubu for Approval of New 10,000 bpd Refinery in Imode
    2 years ago
  • Community Reports
  • Education
  • News
  • Security
  • Economics
  • International
  • Opinion
  • Aviation
Reading: Four Bandits Neutralised as Kogi Government Confirms Attack on Ayetoro Kiri
Share
Notification Show More
Latest News
Tinubu Rebuilding Nigeria’s Democracy, Restoring Hope in the Electoral Process.
News
Kogi Deputy Gov Meets Security Heads, Stakeholders, Over Insecurity Along Itobe-Anyigba Road
News
KOGI POLICE ARREST SUSPECT OVER ATTEMPTED CULPABLE HOMICIDE IN FELELE
News
Alimosho NDC Ticket Row Deepens as Stakeholders Ask: ‘Where Is Our Mandate?’
News
Abdulaziz Ganduje Returns to APC, Collects Membership Card in Kano. Kwankwasiyya Supporter and Son of Former Governor Rejoins Father’s Party After Leaving NDC.
News
Aa
Democracy Newsline NewspaperDemocracy Newsline Newspaper
Aa
  • Economics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Community Reports
  • Education
  • News
  • Security
  • Economics
  • International
  • Opinion
  • Aviation
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2023 Democracy Newsline All Rights Reserved.
Democracy Newsline Newspaper > News > News > Four Bandits Neutralised as Kogi Government Confirms Attack on Ayetoro Kiri
NewsSecurity

Four Bandits Neutralised as Kogi Government Confirms Attack on Ayetoro Kiri

Democracy Newsline
Last updated: 2025/12/16 at 5:48 AM
Democracy Newsline 8 months ago
Share
SHARE

Four Bandits Neutralised as Kogi Government Confirms Attack on Ayetoro Kiri

The Kogi State Government has confirmed an attack by suspected bandits on Ayetoro Kiri community in Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area of the state, disclosing that four of the assailants were neutralised by local hunters during a fierce gun battle.

Speaking on News Central Television on Monday, the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Hon. Kingsley Femi Fanwo, said the attack occurred in Ayetoro Kiri, a rural farming community.

Fanwo explained that the sustained onslaught by bandits in neighbouring Niger and Kwara States has pushed criminal elements towards Kogi State, noting that the state government had already marshalled a coordinated security architecture to counter such threats, although the affected area still requires additional reinforcement.

- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

According to him, local hunters in the community courageously resisted the attack, engaging the bandits in a fierce exchange of gunfire that led to the neutralisation of four bandits, while several others escaped with gunshot wounds.

He disclosed that 13 persons were kidnapped during the incident but assured that hunters and other security operatives are currently on the trail of the fleeing bandits within the forest, with ongoing efforts aimed at rescuing the abducted victims.

“We are quite hopeful that the kidnapped persons will be rescued,” Fanwo said.

The Commissioner confirmed that troops of the 12 Brigade of the Nigerian Army and personnel of the Kogi State Police Command have since been deployed to the community, adding that the state would mount a strong joint security force in the area to safeguard lives and property.

He further revealed that the Department of State Services (DSS) is actively supporting the operation through intelligence gathering and processing.

Fanwo also appealed for air support from the Nigerian Air Force to complement ongoing ground operations and strengthen the security response.

“The Governorbof the State, His Excellency Alh Ahmed Usman Ododo is engaging the service chiefs with the aim of ensuring an air raid of the forest by the Air Force to support the ground duel of the Army, Police and local hunters”, he said.

Commending the bravery and patriotism of the local hunters for rising to the occasion, the Commissioner reassured residents that the government remains firmly in control of the situation.

He stressed that Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo remains resolutely committed to the protection of lives and property across Kogi State, assuring Kogites that the government is steadily winning the battle against criminal elements.

“Their movement has been restricted with our security network. What they are doing now is to attack soft targets like churches. We have come up with measures to tighten the security around the state. We are grateful for the cooperation of security agencies and our local hunters. We are winning the battle already”, he assured.

(Democracy Newsline Newspaper, December 16th 2025)

You Might Also Like

Tinubu Rebuilding Nigeria’s Democracy, Restoring Hope in the Electoral Process.

Kogi Deputy Gov Meets Security Heads, Stakeholders, Over Insecurity Along Itobe-Anyigba Road

KOGI POLICE ARREST SUSPECT OVER ATTEMPTED CULPABLE HOMICIDE IN FELELE

Alimosho NDC Ticket Row Deepens as Stakeholders Ask: ‘Where Is Our Mandate?’

Abdulaziz Ganduje Returns to APC, Collects Membership Card in Kano. Kwankwasiyya Supporter and Son of Former Governor Rejoins Father’s Party After Leaving NDC.

TAGGED: Four Bandits Neutralised as Kogi Government Confirms Attack on Ayetoro Kiri
Democracy Newsline December 16, 2025
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Email
Previous Article FAAC Shares ₦1.928trn November 2025 Revenue Among FG, States, LGs
Next Article Connecting Medical Community: DUMSAA Sets To Host Landmark AGM
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

Democracy Newsline Newspaper is a Nigerian news and current affairs publication committed to keeping readers informed with relevant, timely, and credible information on events and issues that matter to society.

  • Home
  • About Us
  • News
  • Correction Policy
  • Editorial Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Recent Posts

  • Tinubu Rebuilding Nigeria’s Democracy, Restoring Hope in the Electoral Process.
  • Kogi Deputy Gov Meets Security Heads, Stakeholders, Over Insecurity Along Itobe-Anyigba Road

© Democracy Newsline Newspaper. Published by Macbihem Venture Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Removed from reading list

Undo
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?