KOGI STATE GOVERNMENT PRESS RELEASE
KOGI GOVERNMENT COMMENDS JOINT SECURITY TASKFORCE OVER COMMITMENT TO PURGING THE STATE OF CRIMINALITY
1. The Kogi State Government wishes to commend the Joint Security Taskforce consisting of the Nigerian Police, DSS, the Military and NSCDC for their commitment to ensuring security across the State.
2. The State Governor, His Excellency, Alh. Yahaya Bello, CON, has further reiterated his determination to make Kogi the most peaceful state in the federation by continuing to empower security agencies to protect lives and property.
3. The State Government cautions the political class against making reckless statements that could undermine security in the state as we will ensure that the responsibility to keep our people safe is not jeopardised by unbridled political desperation by the enemies of our dear state.
4. Governor Yahaya Bello has assured security agencies of his ironcast support in their efforts at combating crime in the state in line with the Agenda of his administration. Politics is not a crime but crime too is not politics. Anyone who threatens the peace of our dear state shall be made to face the full wrath of the law devoid of political, class, religious or ethnic considerations.
5. We urge our people to go about their normal businesses. Over the last eight years, the Yahaya Bello Administration has created a population of Kogites who are united, unselfish, altruistic and patriotic. We will finish strong.
6. Our dear state holds a promise to greatness. We cannot afford to allow a few elements with no regard for human life reverse our sterling gains in the area of security. From Egbe to Kotonkarfe; Lokoja to Ibaji; Bassa to Okene; we are prepared to defend the rights of our people to peace and security.
Kingsley Femi Fanwo
Hon. Commissioner for Information and Communications