KOGI STATE APC CAMPAIGN COUNCIL
REJECTION OF ETHNIC AGENDA: SDP THUGS ALLEGEDLY VANDALISE APC CAMPAIGN OFFICE IN DEKINA
1. This is to bring to the attention of the general public and law enforcement agents that our Campaign Office in Dekina LGA has been vandalized by some hoodlums known to be supporting the Governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party.
2. It is unfortunate that after realising that their ethnic jingoism is not achieving desired results for them, a handful of supporters openly associating with the SDP Governorship Candidate, Yakubu Muritala are visiting their livid frustration on our campaign offices across Kogi East.
3. We want to commend the people of Kogi East for standing by the candidate which signposts the unity of our dear state and for believing in a united and prosperous state.
4. In the face of the obvious provocation and violation of the civil way of playing politics, we urge our supporters in Dekina LGA to avoid the temptation of launching a reprisal as our party stands for peace. We are widely accepted across the state and only the losers are displaying cowardice.
5. We have made a preliminary report to law enforcement agencies and our Legal Directorate is filing a more comprehensive report with the hope that law enforcement agents will do what is right, investigate the matter thoroughly and ensure perpetrators are prosecuted to serve as a deterrent to others nursing such acts of cowardice.
6. As a party, we remain committed to peace and will not join destroyers and ethnic jingoists in their acts. We will do what is right, just, fair and peaceful.
Kingsley Femi Fanwo
Spokesman, Kogi State APC Governorship Campaign Council