Democracy Newsline NewspaperDemocracy Newsline Newspaper
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    Show More
    Top News
    In Rivers, Asíwájú Tinubu harps on unity, non-violence
    4 years ago
    Kogi Guber: Olayinka Braimoh Popularity Soars Ahead of other candidates  
    3 years ago
    Labour Party Dismisses Report of Arrest of National Chairman
    3 years ago
    Latest News
    NDC backs ‘Mama Amanda’s’ 2027 FCT Senate bid, says Abuja deserves better representation
    2 weeks ago
    THE THRONE MUST NEVER BECOME A POLITICAL PLATFORM
    2 months ago
    APC Stakeholders Raise Alarm Over Alleged Compromise of Party Structures, Call on Chief Fagbemi to Act with Neutrality
    3 months ago
    Hon. Tahir Suleiman Abdulwahab Obtains Nomination Forms, Seeks Support Ahead of ADC Primaries
    3 months ago
  • Technology
    TechnologyShow More
    Key Takeaways from the Kogi Dialogue Marking Governor Ododo’s First Year in Office
    2 years ago
    Bala Wunti in the News Again
    2 years ago
    Dangote Refinery Slashes Ex-Depot Petrol Price to N890 Per Litre
    2 years ago
    Ajaokuta LNG Plants Will Position Kogi as a Key Player in Nigeria’s Energy Sector – Governor Ododo
    2 years ago
    Ughievwen Monarch Commends Tinubu for Approval of New 10,000 bpd Refinery in Imode
    2 years ago
  • Community Reports
  • Education
  • News
  • Security
  • Economics
  • International
  • Opinion
  • Aviation
Reading: Court Adjourns to Give Judgement On Police, Islamic Sect Alleged Extra-Judicial Closure of A Mosque.
Share
Notification Show More
Latest News
Kabba/Bunu Local Government Legislative Council Leader Impeachment Rumour: A Joke Taken Too Far and a Threat to Freedom of Association
News
OLAMABORO AREA TRADITIONAL COUNCIL WELCOMES POWER ROTATION AS EJEH COMMENDS INITIATIVE, SUES FOR PEACE
News
Democracy Newsline Newspaper to Honour Gov. Ahmed Usman Ododo as “Best Performing State Governor on Security in Nigeria” on August 19
News Security
Tinubu Rebuilding Nigeria’s Democracy, Restoring Hope in the Electoral Process.
News
Kogi Deputy Gov Meets Security Heads, Stakeholders, Over Insecurity Along Itobe-Anyigba Road
News
Aa
Democracy Newsline NewspaperDemocracy Newsline Newspaper
Aa
  • Economics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Community Reports
  • Education
  • News
  • Security
  • Economics
  • International
  • Opinion
  • Aviation
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2023 Democracy Newsline All Rights Reserved.
Democracy Newsline Newspaper > News > News > Court Adjourns to Give Judgement On Police, Islamic Sect Alleged Extra-Judicial Closure of A Mosque.
News

Court Adjourns to Give Judgement On Police, Islamic Sect Alleged Extra-Judicial Closure of A Mosque.

Democracy Newsline
Last updated: 2023/03/31 at 12:12 PM
Democracy Newsline 3 years ago
Share
SHARE

Federal High Court Adjourns ready to Give Judgement On Police, Islamic Sect Alleged Extra-Judicial Closure of A Mosque.

Emmanuel kehinde,Ilorin

The Federal High Court sitting in Ilorin, Kwara State has adjourned for judgement in suit filed against the Police, and two others by an Islamic Sect in Lafiagi over an alleged extra judicial closure of a mosque.

The court’s presiding judge; Hon. Justice Mohammed Sanni after hearing the submissions of counsels on both sides said the court was adjourning to give judgement and that the court would communicate the lawyers when it is set deliver the judgement.

- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

There had been a concentric chain of bloody clashes between the Jama’atu Ahlu Sunnah Salafi-yat Islamic group and Tijanitah Movement both in Lafiagi, Edu Local Government Area of Kwara State where the latter was alleged to be the aggressor since the year 2005 inflicting bodily harms on the former on each occasion.

The applicant sect in the suit alleged that the matter got to the climax on the 11th and 12th November, 2022 when the rival sect allegedly under the directives of their leaders trespassed into their Masjid Mosque by 7 p.m during a congregational service and attacked worshippers causing grievous hurts on them without provocations and that the wounded were later rushed to the hospital.

However, members of the Jama’atu Ahlu Sunnah Sakafi-yat mosque were said to be more aggrieved with the alleged manner the Lafiagi Divisional Police Officer handled the matter by moving on to put their mosque under lock and key since 12th November, 2022 without any judicial process to do so, according to their lawyer; Barrister Adeleye T. Smith.

Barrister Smith had at the hearing told the court that his clients, as a mark of respect to Justice Sanni’s admonition to the parties to try an amicable resolution of the matter gathered at an agreed location in Lagiagi for a peaceful meeting only to be attacked again by members of their rival group.

After two adjournment where the lawyers submitted written address by Barrister Smith and counter address by the police lawyer; Barrister A.A Aladejare the presiding Judge after adopting the addresses adjourned the case to a date not yet announced but promised to communicate with the counsels later, the date eventually fixed for judgement.

It would be recalled that the Inspector General of Police, the Kwara Commissioner of Police and the Lafiagi Divisional Police Officer (DPO) along with the two leaders of Tijaniyah Movement; Musa Ndagi and Gimba Alhassan were sued to the Federal High Court for alleged assault, damages and trespass related offences and extra judicial application by the police on the matter. The applicants were demanding for a N50 million damages among others.

Ends.

You Might Also Like

Kabba/Bunu Local Government Legislative Council Leader Impeachment Rumour: A Joke Taken Too Far and a Threat to Freedom of Association

OLAMABORO AREA TRADITIONAL COUNCIL WELCOMES POWER ROTATION AS EJEH COMMENDS INITIATIVE, SUES FOR PEACE

Democracy Newsline Newspaper to Honour Gov. Ahmed Usman Ododo as “Best Performing State Governor on Security in Nigeria” on August 19

Tinubu Rebuilding Nigeria’s Democracy, Restoring Hope in the Electoral Process.

Kogi Deputy Gov Meets Security Heads, Stakeholders, Over Insecurity Along Itobe-Anyigba Road

Democracy Newsline March 31, 2023
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Email
Previous Article NYSC Sensitize Kwara Community FOIA
Next Article THE MAN OF PRINCIPLE SHALL BE OUR PRINCIPAL: BANJI JIMOH IS THE FOCUS.
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

Democracy Newsline Newspaper is a Nigerian news and current affairs publication committed to keeping readers informed with relevant, timely, and credible information on events and issues that matter to society.

  • Home
  • About Us
  • News
  • Correction Policy
  • Editorial Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Recent Posts

  • Kabba/Bunu Local Government Legislative Council Leader Impeachment Rumour: A Joke Taken Too Far and a Threat to Freedom of Association
  • OLAMABORO AREA TRADITIONAL COUNCIL WELCOMES POWER ROTATION AS EJEH COMMENDS INITIATIVE, SUES FOR PEACE

© Democracy Newsline Newspaper. Published by Macbihem Venture Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Removed from reading list

Undo
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?