Gov Oborevwori Rolls Out Massive Palliatives For Deltans
1. To extend palliatives to widows, youths, people with disabilities
2. Commences N5.522bn promotion arrears for civil servants effective August 2023
3. Facilitated and guaranteed N40bn pensions payment for LGA pensioners
4.. N10,000.00 for 50,167 public servants, including the 10 tertiary institutions for three (3) months in the first instance;
5. Rotational work schedule for all civil servants between grade Levels 1-14 for a maximum of three (3) days a week till further notice; levels 15 and above to work out what is convenient in their respective MDAs but working remotely is encouraged
6. All essential duty areas to remain fully functional
7. In keeping with his promise to be a Governor for all Deltans, HE has constituted a committee headed by the SSG, other critical stakeholders including Labour, to extend the palliative programmme to cover the following:
● Identify the poor and vulnerable households across Delta
● identify widows from the State’s robust widow database
● People living with disability (PWD) who do not fall within categories above.
● The aged; and
● urgently engage the Keke Assembly plant in Asaba to finalise the production of Tricycle that is fuel and CNG compatible
8. Provide Electric Vehicles for mass transit.
(New Media) to Rt Hon Sheriff Oberovwori, Governor of Delta State