KOGI APC DISSOCIATES ITSELF FROM NAMES PURPORTEDLY RATIFIED AS REPLACEMENT FOR RESIGNED NATIONAL AND ZONAL OFFICERS
1. The Kogi State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress wishes to dissociate itself from news doing the rounds that the National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress has replaced the former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the party as well as the former Zonal Organising Secretary who both resigned from the party, with names that did not emanate from the State Chapter of the party which is a clear contravention of our party’s constitution by known agents of distabilization.
2. Consequent upon the resignation of the two officers from the party, the Kogi State All Progressives Congress under the leadership of the Governor, His Excellency Alh. Yahaya Bello, CON , met to ratify and forward names of replacements for the national and zonal officers that left the party.
3. The State Chapter ratified Hon. Yahaya Ade Ismail as the new Deputy National Publicity Secretary and Hon. Isiaka Musa as the Zonal Organising Secretary for North Central. And in line with the provisions of our constitution, communicated the ratified replacements to the National Working Committee, through the North Central Zonal Chairman of the Party.
4. To our dismay, the National Working Committee came up with strange names which didn’t pass through the State Chapter nor the North Central Zone of the party and purportedly went ahead to ratify them, citing “Presidency interest” as the rationale for their action. We strongly reject the action as we will not be parties to the blatant and flagrant violation of our party’s constitution.
5. Our belief in Mr President as a man who respects the Constitution of our party and a man who believes in due process is unshaken in the face of the current confusion foisted on the party by people dropping the name of the President to achieve their selfish aims.
6. We call on the National Working Committee of the Party to reverse the unconstitutional replacements done on our behalf without our ratification or approval, and revert to our ratified list as they occupy those offices on behalf of the State Chapter of our party. We have delivered Kogi State to the APC and the least we will expect is for the party hierarchy to continue to support us to achieve greater heights.
7. The Kogi State Chapter of the APC therefore rejects the decision of the National Working Committee in its entirety and urge it to follow the constitution of our party and the due process our party is known for. We are confident that the interest of the party is for Kogi State to remain a stronghold of the APC, especially now that we march towards November 11 to retain the state.
Hon. Abdullahi Bello
Kogi State APC Chairman