Democracy Newsline NewspaperDemocracy Newsline Newspaper
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    Show More
    Top News
    In Rivers, Asíwájú Tinubu harps on unity, non-violence
    4 years ago
    Kogi Guber: Olayinka Braimoh Popularity Soars Ahead of other candidates  
    3 years ago
    Labour Party Dismisses Report of Arrest of National Chairman
    3 years ago
    Latest News
    NDC backs ‘Mama Amanda’s’ 2027 FCT Senate bid, says Abuja deserves better representation
    3 weeks ago
    THE THRONE MUST NEVER BECOME A POLITICAL PLATFORM
    2 months ago
    APC Stakeholders Raise Alarm Over Alleged Compromise of Party Structures, Call on Chief Fagbemi to Act with Neutrality
    3 months ago
    Hon. Tahir Suleiman Abdulwahab Obtains Nomination Forms, Seeks Support Ahead of ADC Primaries
    3 months ago
  • Technology
    TechnologyShow More
    Key Takeaways from the Kogi Dialogue Marking Governor Ododo’s First Year in Office
    2 years ago
    Bala Wunti in the News Again
    2 years ago
    Dangote Refinery Slashes Ex-Depot Petrol Price to N890 Per Litre
    2 years ago
    Ajaokuta LNG Plants Will Position Kogi as a Key Player in Nigeria’s Energy Sector – Governor Ododo
    2 years ago
    Ughievwen Monarch Commends Tinubu for Approval of New 10,000 bpd Refinery in Imode
    2 years ago
  • Community Reports
  • Education
  • News
  • Security
  • Economics
  • International
  • Opinion
  • Aviation
Reading: APC NWC ambushes aggrieved aspirants, draws candidates’ list for submission to INEC.
Share
Notification Show More
Latest News
UNICEF, journalists mull strengthening child protection policies
News
KOGI ACCOUNTANT-GENERAL, DR. HABIBAT TAJJANI, HONOURED AS “ACCOUNTANT-GENERAL OF THE YEAR”
News
2027: TIME TO CHOOSE BY DR AUSTIN ORETTE
News
OGIAME ATUWATSE III PRAISED FOR HIS SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION TO PEACE, DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA
News
Tidi Fires Back at DESOPADEC Critics: Says Published Budgets Disprove “No Funding” Allegation
News
Aa
Democracy Newsline NewspaperDemocracy Newsline Newspaper
Aa
  • Economics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Community Reports
  • Education
  • News
  • Security
  • Economics
  • International
  • Opinion
  • Aviation
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2023 Democracy Newsline All Rights Reserved.
Democracy Newsline Newspaper > News > News > APC NWC ambushes aggrieved aspirants, draws candidates’ list for submission to INEC.
News

APC NWC ambushes aggrieved aspirants, draws candidates’ list for submission to INEC.

Democracy Newsline
Last updated: 2026/06/08 at 8:57 AM
Democracy Newsline 3 months ago
Share
SHARE

APC NWC ambushes aggrieved aspirants, draws candidates’ list for submission to INEC.

Collins Nnabuife

June 8, 2026

Amidst gale of protests trailing the outcome of the All Progressives Congress (APC) primaries to select candidates for the forthcoming general elections, the leadership of the party may have tactically pulled the rug off the feet of aggrieved aspirants.

- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Nigerian Tribune checks revealed that the APC National Working Committee has since submitted the list of its candidates to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

A party source privy to the development revealed that the NWC took the decision at the end of its meeting last week, ostensibly to ward off pressures from aspirants who have secured assurances from influential figures in government to ensure that the party reversed outcomes of the processes in some states.

Inestigating by the Nigerian Tribune checks revealed that the ruling party national secretariat had in the course of the congresses gave instructions to those saddled with the supervision of the elections, not to announce results until final ratification by the Professor Nentawe Yilwatda-led NWC.

While the directive was, however, observed in breaches in states which announced winners of primaries for Governorship and National Assembly seats, particularly in state chapters that adopted consensus option, most states submitted the list of aspirants who emerged victorious to the National Secretariat.

Apparently relying on the pronouncement of the party’s national secretariat on formal pronouncement of the outcome of the primary, former Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, who lost the Oyo State governorship ticket to Senator Sarafadeen Ali had declared that no one should lay claim to the governorship ticket in the state until a formal pronouncement from the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.

The erstwhile power minister, in a statement last week, maintained that “no individual or group at the state level had been authorised to announce the final outcome of the primaries.”

He insisted that only the party’s national headquarters could make such a declaration.

The party has, however, been silent on formal announcements of candidates who are anxious to collect Certificates of Return.

Colled from Tribune

(DEMOCRACY NEWSLINE NEWSPAPER, JUNE 8TH 2026)

You Might Also Like

UNICEF, journalists mull strengthening child protection policies

KOGI ACCOUNTANT-GENERAL, DR. HABIBAT TAJJANI, HONOURED AS “ACCOUNTANT-GENERAL OF THE YEAR”

2027: TIME TO CHOOSE BY DR AUSTIN ORETTE

OGIAME ATUWATSE III PRAISED FOR HIS SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION TO PEACE, DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA

Tidi Fires Back at DESOPADEC Critics: Says Published Budgets Disprove “No Funding” Allegation

TAGGED: APC NWC ambushes aggrieved aspirants, draws candidates’ list for submission to INEC.
Democracy Newsline June 8, 2026
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Email
Previous Article BANDITRY IN KOGI WEST: RESIDENTS LIVE IN FEAR AS HON. SANNI JIDE CRIES FOR URGENT INTERVENTION, CALLS ON FG AND STATE GOVERNMENT TO ACT FAST
Next Article Chief Olugbemi Femi Felicitates an Elder Statesman, Kogi Former Commissioner for Finance, Dr Stephen Olorunfemi, on His 77 Birthday
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

Democracy Newsline Newspaper is a Nigerian news and current affairs publication committed to keeping readers informed with relevant, timely, and credible information on events and issues that matter to society.

  • Home
  • About Us
  • News
  • Correction Policy
  • Editorial Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Recent Posts

  • UNICEF, journalists mull strengthening child protection policies
  • KOGI ACCOUNTANT-GENERAL, DR. HABIBAT TAJJANI, HONOURED AS “ACCOUNTANT-GENERAL OF THE YEAR”

© Democracy Newsline Newspaper. Published by Macbihem Venture Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Removed from reading list

Undo
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?